- Family Features
- Business Directory
- Gallery Of Homes
- Subscribe Now!
- Place A Classified Ad
- New! Digital e-Edition
How to promote your students and school
Jul 28, 2009 12:00 am
The Community Calendar
THREE WAYS YOU CAN PROMOTE
THROUGH THE LEBANON DEMOCRAT
Submitting News Items
1. If you have a school-wide event you want covered, please notify us three to five days in advance. The more advance notice you give us, the better the chances we can assign a reporter and/or photographer to cover the event.
2. If a teacher has a classroom or grade-level event you want covered, we ask that someone at the school take photos and do a write up and submit that. Our resources are limited, but we do want to publish your news.
3. When submitting material, you may either send it snail-mail or e-mail. If you send it e-mail, send it to the following address email@example.com, with a copy sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. Make sure your photos are attachments and not embedded in a Microsoft Word document, as we cannot always extract them from the documents.
b. Photos should be sent in .jpg or .tif formats and be no larger in size than 1MB. Preferably they should be sent at 200 dpi, especially if they will need to be enlarged.
c. Please identify the individuals in the photographs from left to right, by row, and include the teachers’ full names, not just Mrs. Smith.
4. The write-up or press release should be either in Microsoft Word format or pasted in the body of the e-mail. We cannot convert WordPerfect documents.
5. Make sure a contact number is included and the times during which the contact person is available, so we don’t have to interrupt someone during class time.
6. School news is published primarily on each Tuesday because it is also the day we publish The Lebanon Democrat Extra, which reaches 32,000 households in the county.
a. The deadline for submitting items to be published in Tuesday’s paper is the prior Thursday at 5 p.m.
b. Honor Rolls, President’s Lists and Perfect Attendance Lists are published as space is available. However, we do try to print them within two weeks of receiving them.
We now have a way for your share photographs, and even videos, of your students and school events at the Spotted! page of The Lebanon Democrat. You can create a gallery under You Spotted! and post photos and videos for grandma and grandpa to see even if they live in California.
Attached are some page capture views of Spotted!, and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Director of Content Jared Felkins. We’ll be happy to walk you through the process or come visit and show you how to create your school’s very own gallery.
We also have a way to make sure your school’s events are publicized both in the paper and on the Internet through our Community Calendar, located below the Community link in the blue menu bar at the top of the Web page. Because we print in the newspaper is what is posted in the online Community Calendar, you get double the exposure.
Director of Content
Office: 444-3952, ext. 13