City to consider Square uses
By Sara McManamy-Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Dec 17, 2015 at 7:01 PM
The Lebanon City Council is expected to look at what types of businesses can and cannot be on the Square at its meeting Tuesday
The council plans to consider a measure to change the Square’s zoning to remove package stores from allowed businesses while adding tobacco or nicotine stores, cash advance services and tattoo services to the prohibited uses.
“We’re just trying to make sure that certain things didn’t end up on the square that we felt we could be a hindrance to its growth,” said Mayor Philip Craighead, regarding the package stores prohibition.
He said package stores typically need a lot of parking and use a lot of signs.
The council plans to hold a public hearing on the item before its Tuesday meeting, where it’s also on the consent agenda.
Also during council’s meeting, it is expected to consider a measure to temporarily suspend authorization for the police department’s policy and procedure manual and require the police department to adhere to the city’s personnel rules and regulations while the departments’ policy is re-evaluated.
In other business, council is expected to consider:
• authorizing a land lease agreement with Presler Aire for lot eight of corporate row at Lebanon Municipal Airport.
• establishing a city public records policy and police criminal history records policy.
• authorizing a line-item transfer for stump removal at Cedar Grove Cemetery.
• authorizing a line-item transfer for a retaining wall at Cedar Grove Cemetery.
• appropriating and buying a channel-in-a-box system.
• adopting a plan of service for annexation of unaddressed property on Innovative Way.
• annexing unaddressed property on Innovative Way.
• zoning newly annexed property on Innovative Way to light industrial.
• eliminating a utility billing supervisor position.
• eliminating the second, separate mailing of cutoff notices for utility customers.
• approving a contract with Datamatx for utility billing.
• authorizing the purchase of servers and racks for the MIS department.
• approving the Methamphetamine and Pharmaceuticals Task Force agreement for the use of a law enforcement overtime expense program.
• approving bids to buy eight trucks for the gas department.