UPDATE: Crews battle house fire

Staff Reports • Dec 17, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Firefighters attached to all three engines in Lebanon battled a house fire Monday night on Cole Avenue.

Firefighters and officers responded to the fire at 711 Cole Ave. at about 8 p.m. Officers said flames were visible coming out of the attic when responders arrived.

Lebanon Assistant fire Chief Jason Baird said the fire originated around a wood-burning stove in the back of the home and spread into the attic. He said three people were in the home at the time the fire started. No injuries were reported.

“[The firefighters] did a good job,” Baird said. “Considering where the fire was in the attic, they made a very good stop.”

Baird said the stove caught the wall behind it on fire and shot into the attic. Firefighters used as little water as possible in the attic to avoid significant water damage while extinguishing the fire.

Baird said the attic sustained a large amount of fire damage, and about three quarters of the home sustained smoke damage. He said a majority of the home’s contents were not damaged. 

Recommended for You