The study, which drew on more than 72 million vehicles and 4.5 billion unique data points across vehicles of all makes and models nationwide, showed used vehicles in Wilson County were on average $474 less than the Tennessee average. Autolist.com’s study found there were statistically significant differences in list prices at the state, county and even the city level across both Tennessee and the U.S. at large. Results showed that while dealer density predictably contributed significantly to price differentials, other factors did so, as well, such as manufacturer community presence and geography demands.
The top 5 most affordable places to buy a used vehicle in Tennessee were:
• Morgan County at $2,661 below the state average.
• Cannon County at $1,047 below the state average.
• Campbell County at $760 below the state average.
• Loudon County at $669 below the state average.
• Williamson County at $609 below the state average.
Wilson County had its own unique price differences, as well. Autolist.com’s study showed the Chevrolet Corvette was the most affordable vehicle in Wilson County, with prices $2,000 below the Tennessee average.
The top 5 most affordable models in Wilson County were:
• Chevrolet Corvette at $2,000 below the state average.
• Volkswagen Jetta at $1,899 below the state average.
• Cadillac Escalade at $1,702 below the state average.
• BMW 3 Series at $1,622 below the state average.
• Hyundai Veloster at $1,607 below the state average.
Autolist.com is based in San Francisco and is a growing mobile-focused new and used car search engine. With automotive apps in the Google Play and iOS App Store, the company provides information for consumers looking to research, find and buy their next vehicle across their devices and on the web.