Registration is open for the 13th annual Sherry’s Run 5K Run/Walk, and help is needed to give hope to hundreds of families who will need assistance in the coming year.
Sherry’s Run relieves the financial burden of cancer patients who have been hit with a cancer diagnosis and offers emotional support and hope.
“No one should go through difficult times alone, and you can be that form of help by participating or making a donation,” said Ashlee Chance, Sherry’s Run teams committee chair. “You can run, walk or even sleep-in, so no excuses.”
There are several ways supporters can help:
• Register: Visit sherrysrun.org and click on the “register” button at the top of the page to register online. A registration form may also be printed from website. There’s also a sleep-in registration option for those who can’t or don’t want to get out early on a Saturday morning.
“This is a great way to be involved in giving hope without ever leaving home,” Chance said.
• Form a team: Visit sherrysrun.org, click on “the race” then click on “teams” for more information.
• Invite others: Others may be invited to join a team, as well as those who are not available to participate to sponsor a team.
“When you form your team, you will be given several ways to invite your friends and families to join you and give hope,” Chance said.
• Fundraise: Many teams and individuals find ways to make an even greater impact through bake sales, spirit nights, car washes, etc.
• Order a green bow and “paint your town green:” Sherry’s Run supporters raise awareness by displaying green bows on houses, mailboxes, cars, businesses or churches in August and September. Visit sherrysrun.org, click on the “the race” then click on “paint your town green” to print an order form and to get more information.
• Volunteer: Anyone who would like to volunteer may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The 13th annual Sherry’s Run is scheduled for Sept. 10 at 8 a.m. at 623 W. Main St. in Lebanon. Visit sherrysrun.org to sign up.
Support allows Sherry’s Run to assist cancer patients 52 weeks a year with gas, groceries, utility bills, housing payments, prescription assistance, health insurance premiums, medical bills and colonoscopy assistance.