logo
Leave Feedback


no avatar

Grass fire causes shed blaze

Jared Felkins jfelkins@lebanondemocrat.com • Dec 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM

A grass fire Wednesday afternoon caused a storage shed to catch on fire at a home on Old Hunters Point Pike.

Wilson Emergency Management Agency Director Joey Cooper said it appears someone was burning trash outside when the grass fire started at about 1:30 p.m.

Cooper said the grass fire progressed toward a home at 255 Old Hunters Point Pike and ignited a nearby storage shed. He said firefighters were able to keep flames from only damaging vinyl siding on the home, but the shed was a total loss.

Cooper said someone trying to rescue items from the shed suffered minor burns. That person was treated at the scene but didn’t require an ambulance. 

Recommended for You