logo



House catches fire near Lebanon

Staff Reports • Feb 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM

Wilson Emergency Management Agency officials responded to a house fire Thursday evening near Lebanon. 

WEMA firefighters responded to the 150 year old home at 11295 Stewarts Ferry Pike at 6:43 p.m., where they found fire at the back of the house. 

Crews had the main fire in the kitchen knocked down within 10 minutes. The fire extended into the walls and attic. Parts of the roof became unstable and crews transitioned into defensive mode until the fire was knocked down enough to re-enter the structure.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour and a half after the fire was brought under control. 

According to WEMA officials, everyone in the home, including pets, made it out safely, and no injuries were reported. 

Wilson County sheriff’s deputies assisted with traffic. The home was in a congested area. 

WEMA officials said Thursday evening the cause of the fire was an accidental cooking fire.

Recommended for You