Ann Haney: Scoping out Cyber Monday for super savings
Nov 28, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Cyber Monday is Monday, which means Internet sales will be featured at some great discounts on many hot items.
Cyber Monday is basically Black Friday online. For those who didn’t beat the crowds to that hot item, jump online for that special gift and take advantage of some low prices. Some stores to check out especially on Cyber Monday will be the major retailers, including Target, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Sears, etc. These stores will most likely compete for sales on many electronics, including televisions, laptops, tablets, Play Station 4, speakers, headphones and cameras.
Although Cyber Monday will offer some great savings, it is important to educate yourself on what to be cautious. Here are some tips to help you proceed with caution:
• Compare the product you are planning to purchase with other retailers to make sure product specifications are the same. For instance, when buying a computer, one website may offer the same computer with less USB ports. Make sure you get what you want.
• Keep your computer secure by turning on automatic updates, which will guard against viruses or risks. Malwarebytes is one program you can download that will help you do this.
• Protect your credit or debit card by only providing basic information needed to make an online purchase. Some account providers allow you “protection beyond passwords.” Contact your bank for further information on this.
• Make sure the site you are buying from states “security enabled.”
• Be cautious of email links. If you don’t know the sender it is best not to click on an email link.
• Do not give personal information through an email that states something has gone wrong with your order. Contact them directly.
• Read reviews from previous customers.
All these precautions should not scare us from online shopping. There are many great deals to be had when we discern wisely. Don’t let fear keep you from taking advantage of these deals.
“Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go,”
Remember, before you start your online shopping sign up on one of the rebate sites, like Ebates.com, to earn a percentage of your purchase back. Go to my website, annhaney.com, and click on the Ebates link on the left hand side of the page. When you register for free on Ebates, you will be helping my ministry continue to help others save money.
Blessings to you and abundant savings for a prosperous Christmas season. Don’t forget next week’s Sunday paper to get back in the savings with one Smart Source insert.
On Dec. 16 from noon until 1 p.m., I will present “Couponing During the Holidays” at Greenhouse Ministries in Murfreesboro.
Ann Haney is homeschool mother of 18-plus years to six children, including four entrepreneurs, ordained minister, CEO of Aaron Publishing, founder of Ann Haney Ministries and Living In Abundance, nationwide motivational speaker, coupon specialist, television host, empowerment coach and bestselling author of 18 published products, including her books, “Exploding Into Successful Entrepreneurship,” “Single Steps In A Married World” and “Changing Your Life Through Couponing Financial Empowerment Series.” Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a speaking engagement, individual coaching or view her website for more information at annhaney.com.